Oh, the beach. The sand, the sun, the heat… what’s not to love? Well, maybe the part where you feel like you’re melting into a puddle of sweat. But fear not, my friends! I have the perfect guide for how to beat the heat at the beach. Get ready to feel refreshed… or not.
While there are plenty of ways how to beat the heat at the beach, some work better than others!
How To Beat The Heat At The Beach
- Stay hydrated. One of the most important things to do when learning how to beat the heat at the beach is understand hydration. The sun and heat can cause dehydration quickly, so it’s important to drink plenty of water throughout the day. You can pack a cooler with drinks and snacks, or buy something when you get there. Great options include:
Coconut water is a refreshing and natural source of hydration that can help replenish electrolytes lost through sweating.
Watermelon, grapes, and oranges are examples of water-rich fruits that can help you stay hydrated. They’re also a tasty and healthy snack option for the beach.
Sugary and alcoholic drinks can dehydrate you, so it’s best to avoid them while at the beach.
And finally, he most obvious way to stay hydrated at the beach is to bring enough water to last you throughout the day. Fill up a reusable water bottle and make sure to drink from it regularly.
- Pack ice cubes. Chew on some ice cubes or let them melt in your mouth! This is a great way to refresh your mouth and keep cool. And, as an added bonus, it will also help you stay hydrated! You could also put some ice in a Ziploc bag and put it on your neck. This is a great way to cool down quickly.
- Use sunscreen. Sunburn not only causes pain and discomfort but can also cause long-term skin damage. Protect yourself from harmful UV rays by using sunscreen with a high SPF (at least 30) and applying it frequently. Wear a hat, sunglasses, and protective clothing to further shield yourself from the sun.
- Seek shade. When the sun is at its hottest, it’s important to seek shade to avoid overheating. Look for a shady spot under a tree, umbrella, or other shade structure. Bring your own beach umbrella or rent one from a local vendor.
- Take a dip in the ocean. The beach offers plenty of opportunities to cool off with water. Take a dip in the ocean, splash around in the waves or better yet, if it’s low tide bring your chair down the ocean edge and have a seat. It’s a great feeling when the ocean waves lap at your feet. This is for sure the easiest options for how to beat the heat at the beach.
- Pack cooling accessories. There are several accessories you can bring to help keep you cool at the beach. Consider packing a cooling towel that you can wet and drape around your neck or forehead. A handheld fan can also provide a refreshing breeze on a hot day. You could also bring a spray bottle filled with water to mist yourself with a refreshing spritz.
- Take breaks indoors. If the heat becomes too intense, take a break indoors. Visit a nearby café, restaurant, or other air-conditioned establishment to cool off and rest. You can also take a nap or read a book in the shade of a beach tent. How to beat the heat at the beach has never been easier than just taking a nap!
- Plan your day wisely. To beat the heat at the beach, plan your day wisely. Consider arriving early in the morning or later in the afternoon when the sun is less intense. Plan activities that are less strenuous during the hottest parts of the day.
So now you know how to beat the heat at the beach. Now you an stay cool and comfortable while enjoying all the beach has to offer. Remember to stay hydrated, use sunscreen, seek shade, stay cool with water, pack cooling accessories, take breaks indoors, and plan your day wisely. Stay cool and have fun! We hope you enjoyed our foolproof guide for how to beat the heat at the beach.