If you are looking for Seaside Park rentals and wondering what there is to do in Seaside Park NJ, don’t worry, there’s plenty to do! The town is home to a beautiful boardwalk and beaches for sunbathing, fishing, and strolling. There are also several restaurants and bars located along the boardwalk. In addition, the town has a small amusement park located on the beach that features several rides and games for the whole family to enjoy.
Discover Seaside Park
Where is Seaside Park?
Seaside Park NJ is located on the Barnegat Peninsula which is a long narrow barrier peninsula that separates Barnegat Bay from the Atlantic Ocean. You can get to the town off of Exit 82 on Garden State Parkway. Seven short miles down Route 37 East you will find yourself entering the charming beach town. The town is situated between Island Beach State Park and Seaside Heights.
Seaside Park NJ Hotels
There are no hotels and only a few motels located in Seaside Park NJ.
Seaside Park Motels
Desert Palm Inn Seaside Park NJ is located across the street from the beach and offers a large courtyard pool. All restaurants and nightlife are close by. The motel also offers free wi-fi, daily housekeeping and some rooms offer a direct ocean view.
Windjammer Motor Inn is located one block from the beach. It offers a heated pool, free wi-fi.
Seaside Park Rentals
There are plenty of Seaside Park NJ house rentals to choose from! Whether you’re looking for a cozy beach bungalow or a spacious oceanfront home, there’s something for everyone in Seaside Park.
Seaside Park Rentals With Pool
There are a mere 13 properties with pools. A few of the options are condos with access to a shared pool, while others are stunning oceanfront mansions. Find the Seaside Park Rental that is right for you.
While the beach and swimming in the ocean are why you may go on vacation, a pool can add a bit of variety to the day! Pools are great especially if you have young children, everyone can still cool down in the water, but, in a much more controlled environment.
Seaside Park Beachfront Rentals
Wake up each morning to the breathtaking panorama of the sun rising over the horizon, painting the sky with hues of orange and pink, and fall asleep to the soothing sound of the waves gently lapping at the shore.
Whether you’re seeking a romantic getaway, a family adventure, or a peaceful solo retreat, these exquisite properties promise an unforgettable stay filled with sun, sea, and endless memories.
Seaside Park Rentals Pet Friendly
With 50 possible options, you’ll have much more luck finding a home that will take fido than has a pool in SSP.
Does Seaside Park Have A Boardwalk?
Yes, Seaside Park has a boardwalk, however, the majority of the boardwalk does not have shops or food stands.
Only about .1 miles of the Seaside Park Boardwalk has shops. There are another .8 miles of shops, restaurants arcades, and rides on the Seaside Heights Boardwalk.
The section of the Seaside Park Boardwalk without shops is 1.6 miles long. That is a total of 2.5 miles of continuous Boardwalk between the Park and the Heights. Most Seaside Park rentals will be in easy walking distance to the boardwalk and beach.
Seaside Park Beach
The Seaside Park beach is two miles long. The majority of the beach is quiet and not very crowded. The closer you get to Seaside Heights the more crowded it will get. There is plenty of metered parking available right on Ocean Terrace where the Boardwalk is.
Bordering Seaside Heights you can also visit the privately owned BYOB beach at Funtown Pier. Funtown Beach also has cabanas, chairs, umbrellas, and lockers you can rent for the day.
Seaside Park Beach Badges
Beach badges can be purchased at the Bathhouse on the boardwalk between N and O Streets; Stockton Ave, L Street, F Street, Brighton Ave, 2nd Ave, 5th Bay, 7th Ave, 11th Ave, 14th Bay. The street locations are open only during the summer season and they only accept credit cards. Online sales are picked up at the bathhouse. If you would like to buy a weekly badge that can also only be purchased at the bathhouse after June 25.
- Seasonal badges are $70 each.
- Weekly badges are $40
- Daily badges are $13
- Senior Badge (65 years+) are $20
- Children 11 & Under are FREE
- ACTIVE & RETIRED Military AND Dependents are FREE with valid ID
Funtown Beach will be a bit more expensive to access. Daily passes regardless of age are $15.
Seaside NJ Boat Rentals
Depending on the type of boat you are looking to rent, there are multiple options in Seaside Park including Bayside Excursions and Yakkity Yaks Kayak Rental. There are additional options in nearby Seaside Heights including Dock Outfitters, RJs Watercraft Rentals and Pedals and Paddles.
- Bayside Excursions offers private pontoon boat tours for 6 on Barnegat Bay. Most tours are two hours long with the option to extend for additional hours. Book a sightseeing tour, brunch cruise or sunset cruise.
- Yakkity Yaks Kayak Rental will deliver the rental of your kayak or paddle board to your location. You can rent for as little as 2 hours or up to 5 days. Paddles and life vests are included.
- The Dock Outfitters has various boat rental options including skiffs, pontoons, and wave runners. Boating licenses are required for skiff and pontoon rentals. Rentals on skiffs and wave runners are first come first serve, no reservations.
- RJs Watercraft Rentals offers wave runner rentals, 8 person pontoon boat options and tiki tours for up to 8 people. The tiki tour comes with a captain and you can bring your own food and BYOB.
- Pedals and Paddles has many options for water fun including water trampolines, paddle boards, kayaks, pedal boats, aqua trikes, and Hobie steppers.
Book Your Seaside Park NJ Summer Rental Today
Don’t wait! All the best rentals book fast. Have a large group? Vacationing with another family? We have you covered Seaside Park has the perfect rental option for you.
Island Beach State Park
Located in in Seaside Park, Island Beach State Park is 10 miles long and the site of pristine beaches. There is a one mile stretch that is open to public swimming during the summer months. There are tons of things to do within the park including swimming, surfing, fishing, kayaking, camping, hiking and more. The park is open 8:00 a.m. to Dusk.
The park is home to NJs largest osprey colony. You will see tons of other wildlife there including foxes, peregrine falcons, wading birds, shorebirds, waterfowl, and migrating songbirds. You can try to spot these creatures on any of the 8 available trails. Each of the trails is under one mile.
Is Island Beach State Park Free?
Typically, there is a fee to enter the park. If you walk or dive up in the summer, the fee is charged per vehicle and is $10 for NJ residents, $20 for non-residents. You can also buy an annual pass which is $50 for residents and $75 for non-residents.
In 2023 entry was free and will continue to be free into June of 2024.
Island Beach State Park Campsites
There’s also a campground located within the park for those who want to stay overnight. There are various types of campsites available including group sites, cabins, and lean-tos. There are different fees for residents and non-residents.
A typical campsite will cost $20 per night for a NJ resident. A lean to will cost $35 per night, while a 4 person bunk will run $55 per night or $385 per week. A 12 person bunk will run you $140 a night or $980 for the week.
Island Beach State Park Map
Seaside Park Restaurants
There are many delicious Seaside Park Restaurants that will tantalize your taste buds! Whether you’re looking for a quick bite to eat or a sit-down meal, there’s something for everyone in Seaside Park. Some of the most popular restaurants in Seaside Park include:
- Chef Mike’s ABG – If you’re looking for a delicious seafood dinner, Chef Mike’s ABG is the perfect place for you. This popular spot offers a wide variety of seafood dishes that will satisfy even the most discerning palate.
- Ebby’s – Ebby’s Ristorante & Lounge offers a taste of New York’s Italian fare at the Jersey Shore. Serving homemade favorites like Chicken Parmigiana and Rigatoni Bolognese alongside classics such as Linguini with Clam Sauce or Papparedelle – you’ll be sure not want for anything!
- The Mad Fish Company – Operating out of 3Cs restaurant, this joint serves simple, fresh, locally caught, seafood platters. The menu is super simple, but everyone who eats hear raves.
- The Sawmill – The Sawmill is a popular restaurant that offers a variety of dishes, including pizza, wings, and burgers. The atmosphere is casual and family-friendly, and the restaurant has a large outdoor seating area that’s perfect for enjoying a meal on a warm summer day.
- Berkley Cut Steakhouse – If you’re looking for upscale dining experience, look no further than the Berkley Cut Steakhouse. This award-winning steakhouse offers a wide variety of steak and seafood dishes. The restaurant has a formal atmosphere.
Seaside Park NJ Shops
Vintage Anchor is a good option for clothing and is located on the boardwalk. The shop is located at 214 North East Central Ave. Ocean Gift Shop located at 1900 Promenade is also a popular spot. Lastly, check out Shore More. This store has tons of beach-oriented decor and also rents bikes. This shop can be found at 100 5th Ave, Seaside Park, NJ.
Is Seaside Park NJ Safe?
Yes, Seaside Park is a safe place to live and visit. The borough has a population of just over 1,500 people that swells with vacationers every summer.
I have spent my whole life going to and loving the beach. I am a wife, a mom of 2, and a business leader with an MBA in Marketing from Seton Hall University. I have been writing about Seaside Heights and the beach for the past 10 years. I love discovering new things about our town and helping you make the most of your vacation. The only thing I love more than writing about Seaside Heights is being there. The beach is my happy place!
Book Your Seaside Heights Vacation Rental Today
Don't wait! All the best rentals book fast. We have you covered Seaside Heights has hundreds of rental options.
Explore Beach Vacation Rentals