Looking for things to do in Seaside Heights?
There are plenty of amazing things to do in Seaside Heights, whether you’re traveling solo, as a couple, or with family and friends. You will see that Seaside is one of the most walkable beach towns at the Jersey Shore. Here are some suggestions:
- Enjoy the Beach: Seaside Heights is known for its gorgeous beaches, so make sure you spend some time soaking up the sun and enjoying the waves. You can swim, sunbathe, and even try your hand at surfing. This is one of our favorite things to do in Seaside Heights!
- Rent a Wave runner: Looking for some exhilaration? Wave runners can reach very high speeds making this the perfect option to get your blood flowing. Relatively easy to operate, wave runners allow riders to enjoy the outdoors and the beauty of being out on the water. Along the bay front, you can rent a wave runner at The Dock Outfitters
- Go Cart Racing can be a fun family activity! Who can race the fastest and perform the craftiest of pit maneuvers to be the winner! Only one way to find out. This option can get a bit pricy, so don’t for get to stock up on half price rides during their Easter Sale. This is one of those things to do in Seaside Heights that the kids will want to do over and over.
- Check out our local micro brew! Heavy Reel Brewing company has been a staple in Seaside Heights since 2018. The owners of the brewery live to push the envelope and make beer that made people scratch their head but before they knew it they were ordering another pour.
- Visit the Boardwalk: The Seaside Heights Boardwalk is legendary and offers something for everyone. Stroll along the boardwalk and check out the shops and games. You can also indulge in some delicious treats like funnel cakes, cotton candy, and boardwalk fries.
- Ride the Rides: Seaside Heights is home to Casino Pier amusement park, which offer a variety of thrilling rides and attractions. From roller coasters to kiddie cars, there’s something for all ages. There are now also a handful of kids rides at the south end of the boardwalk.
- Go Fishing or Crabbing. Seaside Heights is a popular spot for fishing enthusiasts. A pier perfect for fishing and crabbing is located at Dock Outfitters. Dock Outfitters also has bait available for you to buy including fresh and frozen bunker and worms. Surf fishing is allowed from the beach when the beach is not open for swimming. Check out this video to learn how to crab!
- Watch a Movie on the Beach. This is a staple in the summer. Every Sunday, bring your kids, chairs, blankets and snacks down to Carteret Avenue Beach to watch a family friendly movie.
- Rent a Party Boat. Also at Dock Outfitters, hang out on the bay in a 22 or 20 foot pontoon boat. Rates are priced at 4 hour and 8 hour blocks. These crafts are able to hold 6 people maximum or 6 adults + 2 children.
- Take in a Concert. Every Monday night during the summer, make you way over to the Franklin Avenue Stage for a free concert. Every Thursday Seaside also hosts concerts on the beach that feature tribute bands for Billy Joel, U2 and more.
- Play Mini Golf: There are several mini-golf courses in Seaside Heights which offer a fun and challenging way to spend an afternoon with family and friends. The most expansive option is going to be Smuggler’s Quay Adventure Golf at Casino Pier. Multi level, you have the option to play 18 or 36 holes. Casino Pier also has another option on the pier. Older and only 18 holes, this option is on the rooftop and does offer great views of the area. the last option is Beach Family Golf on the Boulevard.
- Take The Plunge at Break Water Beach. There are many fun slides at the waterpark, but perhaps the most exciting is SALEM’S SCREAM… OH MY COD. This Aqua drop is a 50 foot free fall speed slide where the floor drops out from under you at the starting platform!!!
- Splash Around at Sea Spray Park. A new addition to the boardwalk. Play among the cool creatures, climb aboard the fun bus, dip under the cascading water flowers or get soaked by the big bucket. Sail past the palm trees on the coolest water slides ever!
- Play the Day Away in the Arcades! There are numerous arcade options up and down the boardwalk. Our two favorites are Lucky Leo’s and Casino Pier.
- Rent a Bicycle. Seaside Scooters offers bike rentals during the summer season. They offer beach cruisers, kids bikes, tandem bikes and more! You can rent for the hours, day or the week.
- Check out the Carousel Pavilion. did you know the The Floyd L Moreland Dentzel / Looff Carousel is over 100 years old! It features 35 jumping horses, 18 standing horses, five other animals and two chariots. The Carousel was sent away for restoration in 2019 and expected to be back in place soon. In the meantime you can visit the Pavilion and learn about the history of Seaside Heights.
Amusement rides, mini golf, go karts, water park, what else could you need? Two blocks from our door you will find all of these things to do in Seaside Heights. The pier also offers cross promotional options such as buy a full price Breakwater Beach pass and upgrade to unlimited amusement rides for only $20!
Basic Things To Do In Seaside Heights
Shopping Tips! There is actually a very nice Acme (yes, I said Acme) right on the border of Seaside Heights and Ortley. Diagonal and right on the map, go north on the Boulevard, once you go past the CVS and enter into Ortley, turn around and come back south on 35. ShopRite will come up on your right. Right next to the Acme there is also a large liquor store.
For quick small thins, there is a 7-Eleven 3 or 4 blocks to the north (right), of our complex, and as mentioned above, a CVS a couple of blocks past that.
No need to go to far if you need a bottle of wine or a 6 pack, one block back and to the north is a liquor store.
Whether off-season or peak summer there are pleanty of things to do in Seaside Heights on the official calendar of events. From the annual Polar Bear Plunge in February, to the Sand and Soccer Tournament in June to the Wine on the Beach and BBQ Competition in September.
Every one has to eat right? Checking out the local restaurant scene is also one of the things to do in Seaside Heights you should check off the list. If you do not want to eat boardwalk food all week check out these alternative places to eat in and around Seaside, including a pizza place that will deliver to you directly on the beach! We also have a list of bars you may want to check out as well.
Willing to get in the car and go a bit outside of Seaside? There are also many things to do near Seaside Heights including the Blue Claws AAA baseball team and wine vinyards.
Emergency Information For Seaside Heights
We hope you don’t need this information and this is not one of the things to do in Seaside Heights that makes your list. But it is important to be prepared. Here are some important things to know about the town.
- The police and fire station is one block back and two to the right (north).
- The nearest hospital is west on RT 37. Go back in the direction of the Garden State Parkway, instead of getting on the GSP, keep going straight, the hospital will come up on your left.
- Not one for hospitals? If you take RT 37 again back over the bridge, again keep going straight past the GSP entrance and turn around at the next uturn. Come back down 37 east to the Kohl’s shopping center. Inside that shopping center is an urgent care. OR you could also take RT 35 north to Point Pleasant. Right before you enter the town, you will come to a circle, there is a McDonalds in the center, go left and you will see an Urgent Care that is actually an emergency room.
Which ever you choose, one thing is for certain, with so many things to do in Seaside Heights, your vacation will be one you want to repeat year after year.
Need to orient yourself? In the center of Seaside Heights you will find our townhouse (red star).