One of the highlights of Seaside Heights is its diverse range of restaurants, which cater to all tastes and budgets. From seafood shacks and pizzerias to fine dining establishments, there is something for everyone in this vibrant seaside town.
Looking for a romantic dinner with ocean views, a casual lunch with friends, or a family-friendly meal after a day at the beach, Seaside Heights has a restaurant that will satisfy your cravings.
Explore this list of the best restaurants in Seaside Heights (and nearby)!
- Jersey Roll on the Boardwalk in Seaside Heights. Place to go for breakfast sandwiches and fresh homemade donuts.
- PJ’s Place is both a great dinner spot and breakfast spot. Freshly made eggs, bacon and all the trimmings.
- Jimmy’s Breakfast in Seaside Heights.
- Dock Outfitters in Seaside Heights. It’s a little out of the way on the bay side of town, but the menu is great, and reasonably priced.
- Blue Cup Coffee – two locations, SSH and SSP. If you are a coffee lover this is the spot to hit. Good for other grab and go breakfast items.
Looking for a full list of the best breakfasts spots? Discover where to find vegan options, the best breakfast sandwiches and more. We have you covered!
Budget Friendly Restaurants in Seaside Heights
Let’s face it, who of us likes to spend money if they really don’t have to. Well, here are some simple ideas to keep that food budget in line. The most cost effective place to eat on your vacation is right at home! Many rentals in Seaside Heights have either a decent size or full sized kitchen (like ours) that allows you to prepare breakfast lunch and dinner at home, saving those dollars to spend elsewhere.
But, if you don’t feel like cooking, here are some great restaurants in Seaside Heights that won’t break the bank.
- Lenny’s Pizza in Lavallette NJ. Great menu options and regular pizza parlor prices. Eat in or they will deliver to Seaside Heights (including right to the beach!)
- Johnny Fries in Ortley NJ. Baskets of food for under $10 including fresh cut fries. Best of all, they will deliver to you on the beach.
- Jimbo’s Bar and Grill in Seaside Heights NJ. Right on the Seaside Heights Boardwalk, 5 for 5 daily special Monday to Friday from 3pm to 5pm – $5 Bar Pies, $5 Pitchers of Coors Light,$5 Wings, $5 Three Olives Drinks, $5 Sliders. (note these prices may have gone up lately)
- Gigi’s, is a recent addition to the area. It’s about a mile from our place, we have ridden our bikes there several times with our kids, it’s really great. Named after their Nonna, they offer brick oven pizza, pasta and steak. To top it off, there is a Khors right next door!
- Ryan’s Boulevard Deli and Grill SSH. Ryan’s only does take out and delivery. Great option for a simple night of ordering out.
Family Friendly Restaurants in Seaside Heights
Almost all restaurants in Seaside Heights are family friendly, but here are some of our favorites.
- Spicy Mexican Cantina in Seaside Heights NJ. We are actually located directly diagonal from Spicys! Very large restaurant right on the boardwalk. The upper deck has fantastic views, wide variety of food on the menu and entertainment almost every afternoon and evening of the summer.
- Klees Bar and Grill in Seaside Heights NJ. Family owned and operated, Klees will always welcome you and your family. Great menu for every age group.
- Ebby’s in Seaside Park. A taste of New York at the Jersey Shore. Ebby’s offers traditional homemade Italian fare.
- Bum Rogers Crabhouse in Seaside Park. Relaxing atmosphere to enjoy a night out with friends eating seafood and drinking beer.
- The Sawmill in Seaside Park. General all around grill and bar that is family friendly. If you go on the weekend, be prepared to wait for a seat.
BYOB Restaurants In Seaside Heights
- Ohana Grill in Lavallette. You will not be disappointed with dinner at Ohana. The Hawaiian fusion menu will make your taste buds swoon. From mini pork tacos with pineapple slaw, to Ginger Hoisen BBQ Pork Chop there will be something for everyone to enjoy. The flavors will be combined in unique ways that are sure to delight the palate.
- PJ’s Pace in Seaside Heights. Our of our personal favorite spots to eat, and a super quick walk from our townhouse. PJ will delight you with an Italian / Seafood menu there is something for everyone at PJ’s. They recently also moved to a great new spot on the Boardwalk, many of the seats have a view of the boardwalk and ocean.
- Lenny’s Pizza in Lavallette is a staple on the island, and one of the few places open all year round. Enjoy your bottle of choice with the most delicious penne alla vodka.
- Gigi’s in Ortley is like eating at Nonnas. Choose from Italian classics like spaghetti and meatballs or order a delicious pizza from the brick oven pizza. Not in the mood for Italian? There are steak and seafood options as well.
- Sunset Seafood on the bay side in Seaside Heights. We really love this place, but there are a few drawbacks. They will only make reservations for groups of 8 or more. And, the menu is a bit pricy. BUT the food is really good. It is fresh and you will definitely enjoy the meal. The atmosphere is amazing and most seats have a water view. Because it’s on the bayside, it is not as crazy as the boardwalk.
Restaurants with Live Music / Entertainment
Looking for a night out on the town without the kids? Here are some great Seaside hot spots that have both great food and entertainment – and cater to adults of all ages.
- Spicy’ Bar and Grill. Live every night during the summer season. Music every weekend during other times of the year.
- Beachcombers Bar and Grill in Seaside Heights NJ. Great upper deck overlooking the boardwalk and a very large sushi menu. Bands every weekend in the summer.
- Ebby’s in Seaside Park
- Bum Rogers Crabhouse
Restaurants with Outdoor Seating
Outdoor dining provides a change of scenery from the typical indoor dining experience, allowing diners to enjoy fresh air, natural light, and beautiful surroundings. And of course, which one of us does not love to people-watch, observe local life, and soak up the atmosphere of a bustling street or scenic view.
Outdoor dining can also stimulate the senses and create a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere, which can make the food and drinks taste even better.
Moreover, many restaurants in Seaside Heights offer outdoor seating with stunning views. This can create a memorable dining experience. Enjoy the warmth of the sun or a cool breeze!
- Spicy Mexican Cantina
- PJs Place
- The Sawmill
- Berkley Cut Steakhouse
The quality of the food and service at higher end restaurants is often exceptional, creating a luxurious dining experience that can be a treat for special occasions or a chance to indulge in culinary excellence.
Upscale restaurants often use high-quality ingredients, expertly prepared by skilled chefs, resulting in delicious and memorable dishes. The ambiance of upscale restaurants is also often sophisticated and elegant, providing a refined atmosphere that can make diners feel pampered and special.
Additionally, upscale restaurants often offer extensive wine lists, cocktail menus, and knowledgeable servers who can guide diners through the dining experience. Create unforgettable dining memory at these upscale restaurants in Seaside Heights.
- Atlantic Bar and Grill in Seaside Park NJ. Be sure to call at least a week and a half in advance for a reservation for this not so hidden gem. Awesome views of the ocean and spectacular seafood and steak, be sure to get spiffed up because this is not a flip flop joint!
- Waypoint 622 in Brielle NJ. Waypoint 622 serves a variety of fresh, New American cuisine. Located on the water you can enjoy a stunning view of the Manasquan River and Hoffman’s Marina with food prepared by award winning chefs. They also offer brunch.
- This next restaurant make’s the list largely for the atmosphere – The Berkley Cut Steakhouse. The vibe is really cool, they have outdoor seating and are local / family owned. However, the food is so so. I have heard that they did hire a new steak chef, so perhaps it has improved since last summer (2021).
- Lobster Dock is a friendly and inviting establishment where you can delight in excellent lobster rolls, fresh seafood platters and clam chowder, bursting with an abundance of clams. Located on the Boardwalk (above the former Aztec Bar) the location offers stunning ocean views, allowing you to enjoy your meal in a picturesque setting. Just steps away from Casino Pier, treat yourself to a taste of the sea and prepare to be captivated by the freshness of our ingredients and the warm atmosphere.
Top Restaurants in Seaside Heights with the BEST Food
Determining what makes a restaurant the “best” can be subjective, as different people have different preferences when it comes to food, ambiance, and service.
However, some common factors in our selection as these restaurants in Seaside Heights being the best include high-quality ingredients, expertly prepared dishes, attentive and knowledgeable service, a welcoming ambiance, and value for money. Consistency in all of these factors is also essential f
Ultimately, the best restaurants in Seaside Heights provide an exceptional dining experience that satisfies both the taste buds and other senses, creating a memorable and enjoyable experience for guests.
Here are the top places that we keep going to over and over!
- Ohana Grill – If you see Bao Buns on the menu, do not hesitate! Food is always delicious.
- PJ’s Place – we have brought many friends to different restaurants in Seaside Heights, PJs is always a winner!
- Ebby’s – The only non BYOB on our top list it is our kids top pick. We also love the live DJ they usually have on the weekend even off season.
- Lenny’s Pizza – Our go to spot, especially off season. Is always good.
If you are looking for great places to specifically get seafood check out the 7 Best Seaside Heights Seafood Restaurants