Watch the Seaside Heights Boardwalk Whenever You Want!
The Seaside Heights NJ Boardwalk can be viewed live any time of the day, any day of the week! View the LIVE Seaside Heights Cam!
Is the Seaside Heights Boardwalk Open?
Yes! The Seaside Heights Boardwalk is Open for Business! Whether you are coming for a week or the weekend or even just a day, don’t forget to visit the best boardwalk on the Jersey Shore this summer! The Seaside Heights boardwalk (minus the rides) is also open year-round, weather permitting, so there’s always something to do no matter when you visit.
For a relaxing experience, the boardwalk’s walking areas offer sweeping ocean views, while its numerous food stands and shops provide plenty of opportunity for browsing.
5 Things You Must Do On The Seaside Heights Boardwalk
- Early Morning Bike Ride. For us an early morning on the boards is a great time to be out. Over the years the traditions have changed. Sometimes we get some freshly made donuts from the Jersey Roll. Other mornings we take out the bikes and go all the way down into Seaside Park.
Don’t have a bike? There are several spots in town to rent either a regular bike or a motorized scooter. There is nothing more peaceful than walking in the quiet morning hours, watching the sun rise and having the Boardwalk all to yourself.
- Casino Pier. Want to play games? Our favorite spot is right in front of Casino Pier. The games there are quite affordable for the little ones and keep them busy longer than just a minute or two, particularly the wiffle ball toss (I think we won a prize every time we played last year) and the ring toss (onto the bottles). For $5 you get a whole bucket of wiffle balls (shown below), the objective is to get the ball in one of the holes that has a colored border.
Looking for video games? Pretty much all of the arcades have video games – but, Casino Pier put in a new virtual reality game in this past summer. In addition to HALO they also put in much more where the carousel use to be.
- Jersey Shore Boardwalk Food. That’s right, no trip is complete without a stop at Three Brothers Pizza or the Sawmill for iconic Jersey Shore pizza. Not in the mood for pizza, let the wafting smell of onions and peppers from Midway lure you in. And that’s not all! The Boardwalk is famous for many of the places to stop and grab a quick bite.
- Boardwalk Entertainment! If conditions permit, the town offers activities on different days of the week in July and August. Every Wednesday night enjoy fireworks from pretty much any location on the Boardwalk (though right outside of Lucky Leo’s is the best spot). On other nights there are movies on the beach, bonfires and musical acts!
- Want To Just Chill and Hang? Other than the obvi location of the beach, the Sand Bar is a great place to hang out. Put your toes in the sand wile you have a few beers or frozen drinks. The bar also has some corn hole to pass the time. The Beachcomber is also a great place to watch people and the ocean.
What is New on the Seaside Heights Boardwalk?
The Ocean Club, a new upscale restaurant with beachy vibes and views of the ocean is now open for business! inside this indoor/outdoor space there are giant decks that face outward towards waves crashing on shore as well as breath-taking sightseeing opportunities.
Specials include prime rib Thursday, Sunday brunch AND Tijuana Tuesday. The Cabana club next door offers annual memberships to cabanas with access to a pool, the beach, boardwalk and luxurious amenities for you and your family.
Funtown Pier is also in the process of rebuilding its former glory. The owner has rebuild back up various restaurant kiosks, installed a few kiddie rides and opened an BYOB beach that offers both seasonal badges and day badges. It’s likely going take some time yet before this pier will be complete but we can see progress nonetheless!
Also coming soon (though we aren’t sure when) is Seaspray Park. From what we can tell, it will be a multi level splash pad located on the south end of the Boardwalk.
How Has COVID Impacted the Boardwalk?
From Sandy to COVID the Seaside Heights NJ Boardwalk has had some challenging times, but most of the business were open last summer and 2021 was pretty much back to normal.
In fact, in 2020, Casino pier was able to adapt to the COVID impact by requiring guests to use hand sanitizer before entering each ride. They also required that you wear a mask while on the pier. The water park capacity was limited every day which made the lines for each slide quite short!
Going into 2022 we do expect things will be business as usual!
So, come spend some time on the Seaside Heights Boardwalk! Support the local businesses, take in some sun and more importantly, make memories that you and your family will remember forever.