Seaside Heights NJ has been a vacation destination for people from all over the East Coast since the early 1800’s. The town’s first hotel, the Mansion House, was built in 1832. Seaside Heights became a popular beach resort in the late 1800s, and by 1900 there were several hotels and boarding houses in the town.
Did you know there use to be a salt water pool in the center of town? The old Seaside Heights salt water pool was a popular spot for tourists and locals alike. The pool was built in the early 1900s and was a major attraction for many years. The pool was destroyed in 1944 by a fire that swept through the town.
So it seems, from the fire of ’44 to Hurricane Sandy in 2012, Seaside Heights NJ has a long history of rebuilding itself. Always supported by those that love it and cherish the memories they make.
Things To Do In Seaside Heights NJ
There are plenty of things to do in Seaside Heights NJ for people of all ages. The town’s Boardwalk is a great place to take a leisurely stroll, go for a jog, or ride your bike. The arcades and amusement parks are perfect for spending an afternoon with friends or family. And, if you’re looking for a little excitement, the nightclubs and bars are always a good time. So, whatever you’re looking for, Seaside Heights has something to offer. Try
- Visit the Boardwalk – The boardwalk is one of the most popular attractions in Seaside Heights. It is a great place to take a walk, go for a jog, or just relax and enjoy the view.
- Visit the Arcades – The arcades are a great place toto do in Seaside Heights NJ have some fun and win some prizes.
- Go for a Swim – Seaside Heights has a number of great beaches where you can go for a swim, sunbathe, or just enjoy the view.
- Play mini golf – There are a number of mini golf courses. There are two at Casino Pier, and another on the Boulevard on the south end of town.
- Go Fishing – The Seaside Park Pier is a great place to go fishing. You can catch a variety of fish, including striped bass, bluefish, and flounder.
- Rent Jet Skis – Jet skiing is a great way to enjoy the water and get some exercise.
- Visit the Waterpark – The waterpark is a great place to cool off on a hot day. There are a variety of slides and pools to choose from.
- Watch the Fireworks – Every year, Seaside Heights hosts a Fourth of July fireworks show that is sure to impress.
Where To Eat in Seaside Heights
There are plenty of great places to eat in Seaside Heights, NJ! For breakfast, you can’t go wrong with The Boardwalk Waffles & Ice Cream. They have delicious waffles, pancakes, and French toast, as well as a huge selection of ice cream flavors.
If you’re looking for something a little more hearty, head over to The Sawmill Café for a sandwich or burger. And for dinner, you can’t beat the pizza at Three Brothers Pizza. It’s some of the best in Seaside Heights!
Places to Stay in Seaside Heights
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Seaside Heights, NJ, there are plenty of options available. You can find everything from luxurious VRBOs to budget-friendly motels. Typically, you will find the younger crowd at the motels, while families lean towards renting homes and condos.
There are a number of VRBOs in Seaside Heights, NJ, so you’re sure to find one that suits your needs. Many of these properties offer beach access, ocean views, and other amenities like WiFi and beach passes. Prices for VRBOs vary depending on the size and location of the property, but you can typically expect to pay between $100 and $700 per night. The higher end rentals are 4 to 5 bedrooms and offer additional amenities.