History of Seaside Park NJ
The town of Seaside Park, New Jersey was originally a section within Berkeley Township. It’s not until 1875 when the area became known as “Sea Side Park” due to its beautiful beaches and views from higher ground which could be seen across Toms River valley below! In 1898, the borough was incorporated as “Sea Side Park. Originally, the town was about half its present size.
It was not until 1955 that the town would make headlines. On June 9th of that year, a massive fire destroyed much of the downtown area. The blaze started in a dry-cleaning store and quickly spread to other businesses in the area. Despite the efforts of firefighters from across the state, the fire destroyed 5 buildings spanning 3 blocks.
Seaside Park NJ is also one of the Jersey Shore towns that were hit by Hurricane Sandy back in 2012 and it still shows today with boarded up businesses, homes and sadly a demolished pier – which was hit again the following year by another massive fire. As the pier was rebuild all those years ago after the 1955 fire, the current boardwalk and pier is well on it’s way to being built back up.
Where is Seaside Park NJ?
Seaside Park is located on the Barnegat Peninsula, a long, narrow barrier peninsula that separates Barnegat Bay from the Atlantic Ocean. The town is situated between Island Beach State Park and Seaside Heights.
Is Seaside Park NJ Safe?
Yes, Seaside Park is a safe place to live and visit. The borough has a population of just over 1,500 people that swells with vacationers every summer.
What to do in Seaside Park NJ
There’s plenty to do in Seaside Park! The town is home to a beautiful boardwalk that runs for almost 2 miles, providing ample opportunity for sunbathing, fishing, and strolling. There are also several restaurants and bars located along the boardwalk. In addition, the town has a small amusement park located on the beach that features a number of rides and games for the whole family to enjoy.
- Visit the Island Beach State Park – For a more natural setting. The park is home to miles of pristine beaches, as well as nature trails, bird watching areas, and a freshwater lagoon. There’s also a campground located within the park for those who want to stay overnight. There is a fee to enter the park.
- Go to the beach – Visit either the town run beach front where a daily badge will cost $12 or $35 for a weekly pass. Badges can be purchased at the Beach Control Headquarters found at Boardwalk and N Street. You can also visit the privately owned BYOB beach at Funtown Pier.
- Take a walk or bike ride on the boardwalk – The boardwalk is a great place to take a walk or bike ride, and there are several places where you can rent bikes if you don’t have your own.
- Eat at one of the many restaurants – Seaside Park has a wide variety of restaurants to choose from, including pizza places, seafood restaurants, and ice cream shops.
- Go Shopping – Vintage Anchor is a good option for clothing and is located on the boardwalk. The shop is located at 214 North East Central Ave. Ocean Gift Shop located at 1900 Promenade is also a popular spot. Lastly, check out Shore More. This store has tons of beach oriented decor and also rents bikes. This shop can be found at 100 5th Ave, Seaside Park, NJ.
Restaurants in Seaside Park NJ:
Seaside Park, New Jersey is home to many delicious restaurants that will tantalize your taste buds! Whether you’re looking for a quick bite to eat or a sit-down meal, there’s something for everyone in Seaside Park. Some of the most popular restaurants in Seaside Park include:
- Chef Mike’s ABG – If you’re looking for a delicious seafood dinner, Chef Mike’s ABG is the perfect place for you. This popular spot offers a wide variety of seafood dishes that will satisfy even the most discerning palate.
- Ebby’s – Ebby’s Ristorante & Lounge offers a taste of New York’s Italian fare at the Jersey Shore. Serving homemade favorites like Chicken Parmigiana and Rigatoni Bolognese alongside classics such as Linguini with Clam Sauce or Papparedelle – you’ll be sure not want for anything!
- The Mad Fish Company – Operating out of 3Cs restaurant, this joint serves simple, fresh, locally caught, seafood platters. The menu is super simple, but everyone who eats hear raves.
- The Sawmill – The Sawmill is a popular restaurant that offers a variety of dishes, including pizza, wings, and burgers. The atmosphere is casual and family-friendly, and the restaurant has a large outdoor seating area that’s perfect for enjoying a meal on a warm summer day.
- Berkley Cut Steakhouse – If you’re looking for upscale dining experience, look no further than the Berkley Cut Steakhouse. This award-winning steakhouse offers a wide variety of steak and seafood dishes. The restaurant has a formal atmosphere.
Seaside Park NJ Hotels
There are no hotels and only a few motels located in Seaside Park NJ.
Desert Palm Inn Seaside Park NJ is located across the street from the beach and offers a large courtyard pool. All restaurants and nightlife are close by. The motel also offers free wi-fi, daily housekeeping and some rooms offer a direct ocean view.
Windjammer Motor Inn is located one block from the beach. It offers a heated pool, free wi-fi.
Seaside Park NJ Rentals
There are plenty of Seaside Park NJ house rentals to choose from! Whether you’re looking for a cozy beach bungalow or a spacious oceanfront home, there’s something for everyone in Seaside Park.